Next EIPG webinar is to be held on Monday 26th of June 2023 at 17.00 CEST (16.00 BST) in conjunction with PIER and University College Cork and is entitled “The Interface between pharmaceutical products and medical devices from a product development perspective“ by Janet Halliday.
Janet qualified as a pharmacist and has spent her whole career in the Pharmaceutical Industry. After 10 years working in various technical roles in formulation and process development Janet moved into senior leaderships roles. This involved both Scottish based projects and leadership of a global team examining novel Drug Delivery technologies from academic groups and startups. Janet retired from Ferring Controlled Therapeutics in December 2022 and continues to pursue interests in startup companies and guidance for Life Scientists at the beginning of their careers.
The webinar will address the following topics:
– An overview of the classification systems for devices in Europe and the USA;
– Definition of combination products;
– Challenges to consider when developing prefilled pens, polymer controlled delivery systems and patches;
– Definitions of standard terminology that can cause confusion in product development teams;
– Timings of development steps in Devices and Pharmaceutical products.
This is an event for members of EIPG member organisations. Contact your national association EIPG representative for further information.