Next EIPG webinar is to be held on Wednesday 31st of May 2023 at 17.00 CEST (16.00 BST) in conjunction with PIER and University College Cork. Sofia Trantza, a pharmacist with long experience as a Qualified Person for Pharmacovigilance in the Pharmaceutical Industry, currently representing Greece at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) as a member of the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) will present the role and the procedures of the latter as a European body responsible for providing recommendations to EMA on any questions relating to pharmacovigilance activities in respect of medicinal products for human use.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) pharmacovigilance (PV) is defined as the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other drug-related problem. During the pandemic, this science went more popular than ever, and many people got familiarized with it. A very important role at the activities of this speciliazation plays the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
Webinar attendees will gain understanding of:
- What is pharmacovigilance and what it represents for the public health.
- The process of reporting adverse reactions at national and at European level.
- The main activities and procedures in this discipline.
- The Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) of the European Medicines Agency (EMA).
- The role and the responsibilities of PRAC Committee.
- The processes that PRAC is engaged in and how the work of this Committee is reflected in these processes.
This is an event for members of EIPG member organisations. Contact your national association EIPG representative for further information.